Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The wheels keep on turning......

The Wheels Keep on Turning!!!!
I decided it was time to get back to this blogging thing! It has been 4 months since I finished chemo and almost 3 since Radiation. Its funny how fast time slips through our fingers. I remember talking with a few people who had been through treatment before I started and they said before I knew it all of this would be a distant memory. At the time, it all felt so overwhelming and daunting like it was going to take over the rest of my life - forever! Very dramatic I know but it truly is how you feel at the time. Now here I sit at my desk (yes grumble, grumble my desk - oh and shhhhh I'm at work)!! I sit here and wonder what's next?
My thoughts are random and all over the place most days and probably why I haven't been able to focus much on blogging or keeping up with it. Whether we like it or not life goes back to normal after a hardcore life event. Its inevitable that we have to return to the normal, everyday routine. This is typically a thing we welcome after going through something like the bit 'C'!! You can't wait to get back to normal life, you want to work again, play with friends, hit the gym - get your pre big 'C' body back, start dating again & volunteering. You have this new outlook on life and you want to venture out into the big, bad world and use it for the greater good of mankind. You want to be back to your old self. The reality is - you'll never be the same 'old self' again. It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside or what people think they see or perceive. In the deep parts of your new survivor self - you are different. Yes you are a survivor. Yes you are tough. Yes you are resilient. But you are also a little bit wounded, its like coming out of a battle where the outward scars might not be evident but the emotional scarring is still buried within. Now I don't say any of this to be negative - I say it to be real. What are we in life if we don't show all sides of what we go through as humans. I've had a quite a few people come to me lately asking about what I went through because they have a friend now going through it. It made me realize that there is still insite I can give from a post-treatment perspective that may help some going through this. Not only those who are actually battling CanSer but also those who surround us. This blog is dedicated to all those battling against the evil alien invaders, those who have conquered and those who surround us with your Superior support troops. :-)
You all rock - don't forget it.
Going forward I'm going to make a huge effort to blog about health awareness!!! This will not be limited to the big, bad 'C'! I believe that being educated and knowledgeable about our health is the biggest gift we can give ourselves. Whether this is taking care of our physical bodies or nurturing our spiritual and/or emotional side - the best being a combination of all the above mentioned. We all have an enourmous amount to give ourselves!! Let's giv'er peeps because no matter what, "The Wheels Keep on Turning!" ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment