Monday, May 17, 2010

Forever Friends!!!

Forever Friends..........

There are certain things in life that we can sometimes take for granted, perhaps family and friendship tops this list at times. It's the things that surround us on a regular basis that we tend to ignore or think will always be there. We can become desensitized to if we allow ourselves and not truly appreciate all we have or are surrounded by. I'm fortunate enough to be surrounded by amazing people including family and friends and I've tried really hard not to take any of them for granted during my time of illness. I know that each and every one of us has our own battles we are fighting and that mine does not trump anyone else. That being said they all tell me to suck it up right now and chill out because I don't always have to be strong! (It's great advice but I'll always keep trucking as much as I can - I'm just stubborn that way.) ;-)

Speaking of great friends or forever friends....three of my closest were here visiting me this past week. They arrived last Wednesday for 5 days to help me through my second round of chemo. They truly are amazing ladies and having them here last week was awesome - especially because my mom couldn't be. They arrived prepared and ready to hunker down for 5 days of resting and catching up. The weekend was full of surprises like finding out my one gf is pregnant - now that was amazing news. They also brought me a juicer which I really needed and wanted to start using as soon as I can stomach food again. :-( The most heart warming part was the pictures they brought to show me that are below. A few weeks before they came out to TO they bought caps and make up and did a full on photo shoot of them in bald heads to show there support. Watching the video they shot while doing this was both touching and I must say hilarious. We all had a good giggle and tear as they told me all about it. These ladies have been my friends for years now and they changed there tickets to come to see me here in Toronto instead of our original trip to San Fran. I promise you girls next year we'll go somewhere warm and fun and make up for this year. Although I have to admit this is the first time in a great many years we had the chance to just sit around and visit, catch up and relax without feeling hung over, wrecked and nausea the next day. (haha) The nausea now belonged to Candy and me both for different reasons but none-the-less there.


Last week I managed to avoid the insane jaw/face pain the first round of chemo brought because the Vincristine was taken out. I have however had crazy nausea, been really tired and had some back pain. The back pain could be from the tumble I took down the stairs just prior to last weeks chemo though...booo I know!! I'm so klutzy AND my stairs are really slippery.

My hope this week is to get food into me. I did manage to get some food into me last week but the nausea has actually gotten worse this past few days and even smoothies and water have been hard work to get down.

Wishing everyone a good dinner tonight .. mmmmm to the days of having an appetite! Soon enough I'll be back on track and gorging on a big, yummy, delicious veggie dinner! Yup you heard me right .. VEGGIE .. I just want to have my appetite back for veggies.........*sigh*...

Have a good Monday everyone...

B-Girl xx







No comments:

Post a Comment