Saturday, May 1, 2010

Decisions....

Sometimes we have to recognize our limitations!! This last two weeks really taught me a valuable lesson in this regard. Pre-chemo I thought I would still be able to take on the world (so to speak), keep working, maybe do some yoga, continue to eat healthy and just really kick the visitors butts out of b-town. Now this might all sound ridiculous and especially to anyone who's been through chemo but given what I was told by Dr. Gena I really believed it. I thought it would wear me out for a few days and then I could try to carry on business as usual. NOPE!!!

I guess the chemo nurses know a thing or two after all. One of mine told me that working might prove to be more difficult then I thought and that right now the most important thing was to take care of me and heal. (yeah, yeah I thought I will don't worry I'm tough.) HAHA ... guess what? Tough or not - CHEMO's tougher and when you push to hard, it pushes back harder. Basically your body says 'look punk take a chill pill and rest - stop trying so hard to be normal right now'.


That all being said I had to make some decisions this week about work. After talking to my boss and doctor it seems the best thing for Ms. B is to take a leave from work while i continue chemo/radiation and really take care of myself. I've decided to stop worrying about finances and trust that everything will work out. Being sick is stressful enough so no need to worry about all the other crazy stuff. That being said I am so blessed to have amazing support systems behind me including kick a8s friends, a hardcore family unit and great workmates. So for now I'll go on Sick EI benefits and take care of me.


The past few days have gotten a little better and the pain in my jaw/head/ears has finally subsided ... woohoooooo.... Now I just deal with the regular old run of the mill chemo side effects. I'd tell ya about them but who wants to here all the gorey details. I will tell you I'm dealing as best as I can and still keeping a positive, strong attitude. In this time off and resting I'm trying to come up with great things to do when I'm on my feet again. Ways to pay it forward - as I've been paid it right now from so many wonderful people.


Have a great weekend everyone....


B :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment