Thursday, April 1, 2010

Victory











I am for the very first time in my life going to start a blog. I've thought about it a few times, most recently last year when I spent 2 months trekking through SE Asia but alas I was having way to much fun to take the time daily to blog. I kind of wish I had of now - all those funny stories I could recall (although some of which I'm sure wouldn't have made it to blog land but stay nestled tightly in the "what happens in Asia stays in Asia vault" haha). Its funny to me that it is my current health dilemma's (yes I like to refer to them as dilemma's) that have led me to finally start one. If you are reading this and you know me, you know I was recently diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma - Diffuse Large B Cell. (I'll put more in a later post about the details of this type of Lymphoma). Its my hope with this blog to not only keep my spirits up and strong by the strength of the written word BUT to also inspire and keep those around me full of hope and strength as well. Anyone who has been through this ordeal knows that repeating your story and diagnosis and prognosis and when this doctors appointment is, and how did it go, and what is next - over and over and over again is quite draining. A few friends pointed me in this direction of the blog and here I am - embarking on my bada*s blogging career.

I've entitled my first blog 'Victory' because I fully plan on being Victorious over this evil, big, bad CanSer that has invaded my body against my will. I plan on bringing Victory to the table, to the playing field, to all the people in my life. Together with your help and support and my stubborness ;-), I will and already am Victorious over this disease.

First official blog to come soon ... stay tuned as you begin your journey with me through the trials and tribulations and triumphs the next few months will bring and already have.

Bgirl xx

4 comments:

  1. My darling girl, you are so inspiring - I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to put into words how much I feel for you going through this new 'dilemma' - you are truly a brave and wonderful woman. I will be following your journey and promise to be a better friend and keep in touch more. Love you much xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I am so proud of you! I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but I know that you are strong!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear B, this is devastating news to you and all the people who love you, but at the same time I am immensely proud of you and look up to you for being so strong and for being a fighter.
    I think the idea of putting your journey into a blog is great - that way we will all be able to connect to you and with you at any time.
    Sending you lots of love and good vibes. Keep up the spirits. Love from me!!

    ReplyDelete